Blogging is one of the best methods to improve SEO performance. As each blog post becomes a new page, it then provides fresher and newer content on the website which is exactly what Google wants. Integrating a weblog then is a marketing technique that most businesses apply on their sites.
How To Optimize Your Blog For Search Engines
Optimize your pages to improve SEO ranking. Here is a quick guide to show you how.
1. Keywords. Choosing your keyword set is one of the critical keys to make the optimization work. The terms must be targeted and niche-related, diverse, placed strategically in the content, and fully applied on the most important elements of a blog:
- Blog title and description
- Meta data – meta title and description
- Content – post title, headlines, sub-headlines, headers, sections, introductory sentence, concluding paragraph all with varied anchor texts
- Images via alt tags
- Permalink URLs
2. On-page. These factors are equally important to send favorable signals to the search engine bots.
- Theme. This comprises of having a neat design that has easy and smooth navigational structure and clean CSS and HTML codes.
- Loading Speed. The quick speed in which the page loads usually equates to good user experience. Hence, install plugins that will output optimal results.
- Sitemap. A sitemap is a full map of all your posts, pages and archives. Generating one regularly and submitting it to Google helps the spiders to index your posts better.
3. Links. This pertains to both internal and external links.
- Internal. There shouldn’t be any broken link anywhere on the website.
- External or Inbound. Increased traffic is one of the benefits of SEO and one way to improve the number of visitors coming to your weblog is through building relevant baclinks in a natural way.
4. Social Media. Google is looking to social media mentions as an indicator of an article’s authority and relevance. Thus, having profiles in Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest and other major social networking sites plays a huge role in getting your content spread out over the web. Adding share buttons at the end of each post makes a big difference as well.
5. Mobile-friendly. In today’s age where almost everyone is on mobile, it has become a necessity to ensure that your articles are accessible on smartphones and tablets too. It is then advised to either create a mobile-version of your entire site, blog included, or go for responsive web design.
Search engine optimization has gone far beyond getting as many links as you can for your website. With the many changes brought by the Google Panda, Penguin, and Hummingbird, SEO strategies have evolved as well.
The focus nowadays is on quality content – as it should be. Although quality content has always been emphasized as the more permanent tool for optimizing your website, some SEO specialists worked around this with spammy content, keyword stuffing, and other black hat SEO strategies. With the changes that Google has made on its search algorithm, the spotlight is back on building good reputation within your site’s niche.
Here is where social media comes into play. Social media’s rise in popularity has made it a powerful medium for marketing. Somehow, it has also found a way to affect search engine optimization. Hootsuite is one of the most popular social media management programs. If you are more oriented towards SEO rather than social media marketing, is it worth your time to use Hootsuite? Below are some ways in which you can use Hootsuite to boost your SEO efforts.
- Post to your Google+ business page. Google’s own social network, Google+, is quickly rising to be a serious challenger to becoming the most popular social network. Many businesses will benefit with a well-optimized Google+ business page especially with the increased importance of Google authorship. Hootsuite is a great application that can help make it easier for you to manage your Google+ business page. Hootsuite has the capability of posting to Google+ business pages so that you can quickly and conveniently post across all your social media accounts.
- Post a link to your website through Twitter or Facebook. Two of the most popular social media networks are Twitter and Facebook. Hootsuite helps you utilize these social networks in promoting any content that you want to leverage on your website. This strategy has been proven to deliver significant traffic to web pages being linked to.
- Get analytics reports. When you post links to your site through your social media accounts, you can then get insight on what works and what does not for your social media audience. Hootsuite has built in analytics reports that provide a lot of data into which posts are being clicked through, which posts are getting noticed, how many comments and shares particular posts are getting, and many more. These may not seem important at first, but the data from these reports will provide information on the topics that your target audience likes and what would stimulate high engagement.
Devising a good linking strategy is a must in any digital marketing campaign. From analyzing the linkswithin the webpage to optimizing content for inbound opportunities, it is integral for all website owners to focus on this aspect as this is one of the significant factors that contribute to how high or low the site would rank on major search engines like Google. The higher the SERP position is, the bigger the chance for traffic conversion and lead generation.
Four (4) ways to improve the structure of your links
Learn how you could maximize the usage of standard WordPress features to boost your rankings and come up with guaranteed SEO results.
Excerpts are post teasers normally displayed on the homepage. Instead of showing the entire content of your article, the visitor would see a preview first and if he wants to learn further, he could click “Read More”. As the admin, you could modify the default “Read More” and change it to your entry title. You could go as far as inserting your key terms there to optimize your keyword strat.
3. Advanced Linking Option.
This is perhaps one of the underused features in WP when it comes to interlinks. To access this, go to the Edit Post Box, highlight a piece of text then choose the Link icon. On screen just below “Enter destination URL”, you’ll see the label “Or link to existing content”. With this feature, you could find a list of available posts and easily connect them to what you think is deemed fit for the current one.
There are several plugins in WordPress that offer link building service as part of its feature. You could go from automatically connecting a keyword to its landing page if the word appears on one of the entries to displaying related posts based on the tags and meta keywords.
Use WordPress to power your company’s website. Get the most out of its repositories to extend your
site’s functionality and capability. Improve traffic and search engine rankings by installing the best
keyword tools WordPress could offer. Here are some of them:
Name: WordPress SEO by Yoast
Requires: 3.3 or higher
Compatible up to: 3.6
Rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars
Description: WP SEO by Yoast is one of the most popular plugins mainly designed for SEO aficionados. If
you ask any of the local guys – Davao, Cebu, Manila SEO pros for their recommended add-ons, this
would surely be on top of their list. Developer Joost de Valk covered all the needed aspects on technical
optimization. Content and keyword-wise, it forces you to focus on a term when you write your content,
then ensures that that word is fully utilized on every pages – image alt tags, meta description, titles and
subheadings. From page analysis, link elements, xml sitemaps, RSS setup, breadcrumbs to social
integration, it offers a full package for both enthusiasts and SEO companies alike.
Name: Keyword Statistics
Requires: 1.5 or higher
Compatible up to: 3.3.2
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Description: Keyword Statistics is another free tool that mainly checks for the KW density on your posts.
It initially reviews the page for single words and optionally two and three-word phrases, for each the 1-
10 most commonly used would be displayed. It comes with English and German stopwords which could
be filtered out before the calculation of KW densities. It updates information automatically even during
the entry update. Aside from the statistics it provides, it also generates canonical URLs and controls the
index/follow settings for specific aggregations.
Name: WordPress Keyword Tool by CodeCanyon
Requires: 3.0 or higher
Compatible up to: 3.4Downloads: information not available
Rating: 4.33 out of 5 stars
Description: WP Keyword Tool by CodeCanyon is a paid option amounting to $15. No fee is paid by the
user to access the end product. Among its features include a list of key terms people use to search,
number of daily searches for each and a density checker for keywords to ensure that your article is
search-engine friendly. It recognizes relative KWs and allows you to add them as tags. It is responsive